Register Now & Submit Your Abstract
In response to numerous requests, ecohealth international conference Organizing Committee has extended the deadline for Abstract submission and notification of acceptance as follows:
Deadline for Abstract Submission: March 25th, 2020
Notification of Abstract Acceptance: March 31st, 2020
Please note that the presenting author must register and pay the registration fee by May 22nd, 2020 in order to be included in the program and to have the abstract published in the online “Book of Abstracts”.
Why ecohealth ?
ecohealth approaches are designed to promote the health of human, ecosystems and animals with attention to social and ecological justice, sustainability and the relationships required to “achieve a
healthy future”. ecohealth approaches go beyond analysis and understanding, but also focus on moving knowledge to action. ecohealth draws on systems thinking and analysis of socio-political
and ecological dimensions of complex problems and values the complementary efforts of transdisciplinary teams.
Who should attend?
We welcome diverse participants interested the Conference goal of “Working Together toward a healthy, just and sustainable planet”. This includes researchers, policymakers, community leaders, postgraduate students, NGOs and government departments working on the nexus of health and the environment (physical and socio-ecological)
Why Durban for the 8th biennial ecohealth conference?
The ecohealth community has been bringing together individuals and organizations to address issues of healthy ecosystems and people for the last 15 years. ecohealth2020 will be the first biennial conference to be held Africa.
Hosting in Durban will:
- Will make it possible for diverse community members to participate in field visits to areas where ecohealth research approaches have been applied for several years
- Will make it possible for many African participants to attend and showcase work that has been ongoing for years – there are great lessons to learn from Africa!
Our diverse international community will share knowledge and experiences in ways that are especially relevant to understanding and responding to current local and global challenges. ecohealth international, operates through a network of regional chapters in Africa, the Americas, Asia, Europe and Oceania.
The ecohealth 2020 conference comes at a time when many initiatives are articulating the common goal – and imperative – of ensuring a healthy, just and sustainable planetary home for future generations. ecohealth 2020 is envisaged to foster synergies, collaboration and action across these efforts as follows:
- A keynote panel will explore connections and synergies between ecohealth, one health, and planetary health, the Americas, Asia, Europe and Oceania
Why Work Together
The ecoHealth 2020 conference comes at a time when many initiatives are articulating the common goal – and imperative – of ensuring a healthy, just and sustainable planetary home for future generations. ecoHealth 2020 is envisaged to foster synergies, collaboration and action across these efforts as follows:
• A keynote panel will explore connections and synergies between ecohealth, one health, and planetary health, demonstrating different approaches to common goals.
• Plenary and breakout sessions will focus on the need to connect local initiatives with global drivers that threaten ecosystems, human and animal populations.
• Speakers and sessions will stimulate discussion that span disciplinary, sectoral and knowledge boundaries, that address issues of environmental, social and health equity, that link to challenge of the Sustainable Development Goals.
• Discussions throughout the conference will explore examples of actions and changes needed for a healthy, just and sustainable future.