Abstracts may be submitted for consideration for an oral presentation or a hard copy poster (Posters: size of the poster 200 cm (height) x 90 cm (width)) in any one of the following categories:
- Health and Environment and Diseases
- Exploitation of natural resources (mining, agriculture and tourism etc)
- Harnessing local knowledge systems in communities for sustainable development
- Urbanization-sharing best practices
- Disaster management and preparedness-Global perspectives
- Oceans and health.
- 4th Industrial revolution.
Important Dates for Abstract Submission
Deadline for Abstract Submission: February 29th , 2020
Notification of Abstract Acceptance: March 15th, 2020
The presenting author must register and pay the registration fee by May 22nd, 2020 (please note that registration is required in order to be included in the program, to have the abstract published in the online “Book of Abstracts”.
Instruction for completing a template for abstracts
- Only abstract with original research will be considered
- Use Times New Roman 12 point font throughout
- Title: In bold type and upper case (capitals)
- Authors: Surname followed by initials; do not include titles. (Bold and Underline the presenter’s name)
- Affiliation: Department, Centre or Unit Use * and # symbols to match affiliation with author
- Abstract: Please fit into the frame. 250 words maximum.
- Your abstract should capture the following
7.1 Introduction: Clearly state motivation for the study
7.2 Aim(s): Clearly state the purpose(s) of the study
7.3 Methods: Clearly state how your study was conducted, sample selection, tools and instruments used
7.4 Results: Present your results in a logical sequence indicating level of significance were appropriate.
7.5 Conclusion/Recommendations: State the important conclusion or recommendations, if any, of your study.